BB-8™ App-Enabled Droid Powered by Sphero
Last Updated: May 23, 2018
Sphero, Inc. (“Sphero”, "we" or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
- Data We Collect. We collect Identity Data, Contact Data, Sensor Data, Mobile Data (together with Identity Data, Contact Data, and Sensor Data, “Personal Data”), and Toy Data, each as defined below.
- Identity Data: Your age
- Contact Data: If you are over 13 (or such age as local law dictates), you may choose to provide your email address.
- Sensor Data: You may choose to use certain features of the Application that require access to the microphone, camera, or location data of your device.
- Mobile Data. If you download our Application, we may collect the type of mobile device, device carrier, its software version, and the like.
- Toy Data: Using Bluetooth, the Toy transmits Toy Data to the Application such as Toy identifier, when a Toy connects to an Application, when you click the “buy” button in the Application, date/time stamps, non-personal diagnostic data regarding how you use the Application, MAC Address or device identifier depending on the Toy, accelerometer data, crashes, and the like. If you choose to send us diagnostics, we may process your email address and Toy Data.
- Use of Your Data. Subject to your Rights and Choices below, we use your Data as follows.
- If you contact us through customer service or support, we will use your Contact Data to respond to your comments and questions, and to provide customer service.
- For non-child users, if you have chosen to provide your Contact Data within the Application, we may send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, and for other direct marketing purposes. We may share your Contact Data with a Service Company (defined below) for this purpose. We do this to promote our products and issue our direct marketing.
- We use Sensor Data from your microphone to enable the Watch With Me™ feature.
- We use Sensor Data from your camera for augmented reality driving.
- We use Sensor Data from your location on Android Devices to enable Bluetooth functionality.
- to understand a user’s engagement in an activity or feature, for example which activities on the Toy the user played, time spent on activities, and data about any crashes during use;
- to operate our Application and Services, internal operations, and systems, along with the Service Companies;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Application and Services;
- to provide, support, and maintain the Toy, Application, and features that enable people, including children, to enjoy the Toy and Application;
- to secure our platform and network, investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, and to protect the safety of Personal Data, including to prevent exploitation or other harms to which users may be particularly vulnerable.
- Rights and Choices. You may exercise the below Rights and Choices by emailing Sphero’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. Our mailing address is Sphero, Inc., Attn: DPO, 4772 Walnut St., Suite 206, Boulder, CO 80301.