Sphero Guest Post Guidelines
Want to write for us? Below are our guest post guidelines and examples of the K-12 STEM education and computer science content we’re looking for on a regular basis. Ready to write? Submit the topic idea form below and someone will reach out to you directly within three business days. When approved, then you can get started on a draft to submit.
We look forward to hearing your ideas and working together to continue our mission and inspire the creators of tomorrow!
Ready to write for Sphero? Here’s what you should know.
Why write for us?
We’re interested in working with writers from the education, edtech, STEM/STEAM, and other relevant spaces to contribute educational, informative, inspiring guest posts for Sphero.com.
We promote all of our content organically on our social media channels, which have a collective audience of more than 500,000 parents, educators, administrators, tech enthusiasts, and more.
You will receive a dedicated byline and bio attributing your work to you so you can continue to build your portfolio.
What topics are we looking for?
Take a look at our current blog for a library of content we have already published. Our mission is to inspire the creators of tomorrow through programmable robots, computer science curriculum, littleBits circuitry kits, and other STEAM-based educational tools that transform the way kids learn, create and invent through coding, science, music, and the arts.
Other topic examples include:
- STEM or STEAM activities for at home or in the classroom
- Remote/Blending Learning STEAM Activities
- Roundups of related helpful resources, e.g. STEM or education podcasts, blogs, etc. that are not related to or associated with other STEM education or robotic toy companies
- Screenless STEAM activities for parents or educators
- Industry-relevant topics, e.g. Why STEM education is important, social-emotional learning, “how it works” style articles, etc.
Who do we want to hear from?
Teachers, educators, and administrators in K-12 schools around the world, parents of children in K-12 education, homeschool educators, leaders of education-focused non-profit organizations, and similar roles.
The types of content we publish
- Blog posts
- Case Studies
- Parent and Educator Resource guides
- Do cite relevant, credible sources when and where applicable
- Do include acceptable links:
- Relevant articles and blog posts
- Research, data, or case studies
- Resources that will genuinely benefit the reader and make sense in the context of the post
- Do use proper grammar (For example, if we find more than one grammar error in the first paragraph, we won’t accept your submission.)
- Need help? Grammarly is a great, free tool to use!
- Do back up claims with relevant and credible research
- Do know our audience and ensure the content it relevant for our readers
- Do use AP Style and the Oxford Comma
- Do include relevant, royalty-free image suggestions with alt text
- The Sphero Team will ultimately decide what images to include
- Do aim for a minimum of 700 words
- Include your bio (keep it under 250 words)
Please note: we will include a standard line of text in all accepted and published guest posts that reads: "Opinions expressed by Sphero.com contributors are their own."
- Don’t include references to irrelevant or inappropriate resources or services for a K-12 educator, parent, or learner audience
- Don’t include unacceptable links
- Affiliate links
- Your own company links
- Pages promoting products or services
- Category pages
- Company social profile links — please place these in your bio instead
- Don’t provide content that has been previously published elsewhere; only original, unique content will be accepted
- Don’t use profanity or other inappropriate language, even if in a direct quote
We accept original, unique content for publication on Sphero.com and allow republishing on the author’s social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Medium, etc. with the statement “This content was originally published on Sphero.com.” included before the first paragraph. We do not allow republishing on company websites or company blogs.
- No more than three links should point back to any domain. We don’t want to come across spammy!
- Please do not use repeat links or repeat keywords/anchor text.
- We reserve the right to remove any link at our discretion.
Let’s get started! Complete the form below to submit your content idea.
Use our form to submit your content idea to us! If we think it’s a good fit for our upcoming content calendar needs, we will be in touch within three business days to communicate the draft submission process.
You acknowledge that by submitting material or ideas to Sphero (a) your submissions and their contents, together with any underlying intellectual property rights therein, will become the property of Sphero without any compensation to you; and (b) Sphero may use or disclose your submissions and their contents in any manner and to any third party Sphero chooses, in its sole discretion. If your draft is accepted and finalized by our team, you agree to permit Sphero to publish it. Notwithstanding anything above, even after acceptance and finalization of content, Sphero reserves the right not to publish any guest content at any time for any or no reason.