Connect & Go
RVR is a mobile robot that you can drive right out of the box. Connect your smartphone, tablet, or computer to RVR using Bluetooth Smart and drive it anywhere! When you’re ready to start coding, download Sphero Edu and program your RVR.
Good for Beginners
Beginners can start out with Draw & Drive before diving into Scratch Blocks. Ready for more? Integrate RVR's powerful on-board sensors into your programming projects and coding creations, then share them with the world.
Highly Expandable for Hackers
You asked for an all-terrain, highly programmable, infinitely-expandable robot — well, here it is. Meet RVR, the robot built by us but inspired by educators, students, hackers, and makers like you.
Packed with Sensors
Hack RVR and transform your robot into almost anything
With RVR’s 4-pin UART expansion port and on-board power, you can attach and run third-party hardware like a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, micro:bit, or Sphero littleBits. Want RVR to be your home security sentry, an autonomous metal detector or an environmental sensor you can control over the internet? Chances are, if you can hack it, RVR can do it.
What’s in the RVR robot box?
- RVR mobile robot
- Removable cover plate and developer plate with quick-release button
- Removable, protective roll cage
- Removable and rechargeable battery
- Universal, 4-Pin UART expansion port for connecting 3rd party hardware like Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or micro:bit (products sold separately)
- 5V 2.1A USB-A onboard connectivity to power your projects using RVR’s battery
- Sphero Edu app (available for download on iOS, Android, and Chrome OS)