Peanut butter and jelly. Bacon and Eggs. Romeo and Juliet. These are some of the most notorious love stories ever told. But here at Sphero, we believe there is no greater love than the love for STEAM learning and education.
This Valentine’s Day, let’s focus on a new dynamic duo of Sphero BOLT & Sphero Code Mat. Once coupled together, this two-sided activity mat and multi-pack of programmable robots allow for a simple way for students to learn through play. Watch as your students gain an understanding of basic math principles, critical thinking and collaborative problem-solving through creating programs using draw, block-based, and text coding. These two seamlessly pair to enhance the experience of learning through play. But how?
- If you’re not sure where to start with your BOLT, the Sphero Code Mat opens up unlimited opportunities for learning and play, including three packs of activity cards featuring 20 fun coding challenges and games.
- Explore concepts like distance, speed, math fundamentals, and basic coding by navigating around sand traps, mastering a trick shot, or scoring a birdie with your bot.
- Program your BOLT with Draw, Blocks or Text to navigate around the Sphero city, plan a road trip or run some errands. There’s so much to see and do in Sphero Town, we’re pretty sure you’ll have a ball.
- No prep needed for either, roll them both out and start playing!
This power couple encourages students to use their imagination to come up with unique ideas and then bring them to life in the classroom.
Check out the activities that you can start right away with your BOLTs with the Code Mat cards. Some of our favorites are:
- Hole in One
- Wind Variable
- Bon Appetit
- Robot’s Day Out
- Spirographs (Make your own Valentine with Sphero spirographs.)
- Flags of the World (But instead of flags, create a parade of Valentines.)
As you can see, Sphero goes #BeyondCode in STEAM education. Our greatest love is to encourage educators to incorporate technology and play-based learning activities into their classrooms. Creativity and learning with Sphero are a match made in heaven.
Are you feeling the love for STEAM today? Check out the full offering of Sphero Edu activities. And if you want to show us some love, follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on all things creative play.